Welcome to Live Story.
Live Story is a highly flexible platform that enables brands to create and manage communication campaigns that seamlessly incorporate both brand editorial and fan generated creative content. The Live Story team also offers creative ideas and support during the entire process leading up to the creation of a digital event or campaign.
The Live Story platform allows brands to easily deploy social communication campaigns via new or existing hashtags, collect and moderate fan photos and seamlessly integrate them into a brand’s ecommerce experience, allowing brands to easily engage their fans through Instagram, Tumblr and Twitter and showcase them loving their product, thereby driving sales directly from the images.
“Personal data” shall mean any information relating to an individual or legal entity that is, or may be, identified or identifiable, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identification number or to one or more factors specific to his/her/its identity.
“Processing of personal data” shall mean any operation or set of operations which is performed upon personal data, whether or not by automatic means, such as collection, recording, organization, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, blocking, erasure or destruction.
Live Story, Inc.
68 Greene Street, 5th Floor
New York, NY 10012
Types and uses of processed data
Log file data (Automatic data)
When You visit the Site or use the Services, We may automatically acquire data related to the interactions with Our IT systems and store it in log files. The transmission of such data is an inherent feature of Internet communication protocols.
This data category may include Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring/exit pages and URLs (Uniform Resource Locator), number of clicks and how You interact with links on the Site and the Services, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other parameters related to the user’s operating system and computer environment.
We collect this kind of data on an aggregate basis to compile anonymous and non-personal statistics about the Site and the Services, to check and improve their functionality and to perform the related maintenance.
Data You provide Us in connection with the Services
When You use the Services, We may acquire personal data that You provide Us directly, or indirectly through social media (e.g., Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, Pinterest), such as Your name, id, email address, phone number, social media account information and contents (e.g., posts, photos, uploads, caption and location information).
We may collect and store this kind of data in order to:
- provide You with the Services, e.g., to access personal data from Customer’s account on a third party service and execute related actions (e.g., read Customer’s profile info and media and any public profile info and media on Customer’s behalf, post and delete comments and like and unlike media on Customer’s behalf);
- monitor and improve marketing, analytics and functionality of the Site and the Services;
- diagnose and fix problems with the Site and the Services and provide Customer support; and/or
- communicate with You.
We use third part cookies to: track user interactions on the Site and in connection with the Services; monitor and analyze web traffic; compile on an aggregate basis anonymous and non-personal statistics about the Site and the Services; check and improve the Site and the functionality of the Services; and perform related maintenance.
Apart from automatic data, You may choose not to provide certain data or to disable cookies, but then You may not be able to access certain parts of the Site or fully utilize the Services; as a result, parts of the Site may not work properly and the Services may not be optimized.
We do not support “Do Not Track” requests.
Place and mode of processing the data
We process Your personal data at Our operating offices located at 68 Greene Street, 5th Floor, New York, NY 10012, as well as in any other place, also outside of United States, where the parties involved with the processing are located (e.g., social media, cloud computing and cookies providers).
We process Your data fairly, lawfully, with full transparency and in respect of Your rights and privacy.
Personal data is processed using computers and/or IT enabled tools in a form that permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the data were collected.
We have adopted all appropriate and lawful security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorized destruction of Your personal data. Specifically, We protect the security of Your data during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information You input.
Besides what is set forth herein, We will not share, without Your prior and explicit consent, Your personal data except:
- in the event of a corporate acquisition, sale, merger, reorganization, consolidation, dissolution or liquidation or similar event;
- when necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
For more information about where and how We process Your data and the third parties with whom We share Your data, please contact Us as set forth below.
You have the right at any time to: obtain confirmation as to whether or not personal data relating to You is being processed; learn data origin and contents, along with the criteria, logics and purposes applied to its processing; verify its accuracy or ask for it to be updated, rectified, supplemented, cancelled or transformed into anonymous format; or obtain erasure or blocking of data processed in violation of law. Moreover, You have the right to forbid the processing of Your personal data for any legitimate right.
For all requests about Your rights, please contact Us as set forth below.
The Site and the Services are not intended for use by children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect or solicit any data from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Services. In case We become aware that We have collected personal data from a child under the age of 13 without parents’ or guardians’ consent, We will cancel such data as soon as possible.
If you believe that We might have any data from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact Us as set forth below.
- You may email Us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You may call Us at: (+1) 212 966 3307
- You may mail us at the following address:
Live Story Inc.
68 Greene Street, 5th Floor
New York, NY 10012
Last updated: 03/22/2016
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on Your computer or mobile device hard drive (generally on the browser) when You visit a website and which uniquely identifies Your browser. Every time You visit the website, the browser sends the cookie back to the website to notify Your previous activity.
This system enables the website to remember various types of information about the user (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences), and it is generally used to provide an easier and more effective browsing experience.
Cookies are often categorized according to the following characteristics:
- whether they are “session cookies”, which are automatically deleted when the user closes his browser, or “persistent cookies”, which remain stored in the user’s terminal device until they reach a defined expiration date;
- whether they are “first party cookies”, which are cookies set by the data controller (or any of its processors) operating the website visited by the user, or “third party cookies” which are set by data controllers that do not operate the website currently visited by the user.
We use third part cookies, both session and permanent cookies, to: track user interactions on the Site and in connection with the Services; monitor and analyze web traffic; compile on an aggregate basis anonymous and non-personal statistics about the Site and Services; check and improve the Site and the functionality of the Services; and perform related maintenance.
We do NOT use tracking cookies, also known as profiling cookies, which are persistent or permanent cookies used to track a user’s behavior online, infer interests and create a user’s profile, generally used for advertising and marketing purposes.
Specifically, We only use the following cookies provided by:
- Hotjar Ltd, headquartered at Level 2, St Julians Business Centre, 3, Elia Zammit Street, St Julians STJ 1000, MALTA
|hjUserId||This cookie is set as soon as a user loads a page which contains the Hotjar code. The cookie contains a universally unique identifier (UUID) which allows Hotjar to track the same visitor across multiple pages and sessions.||365 days|
|hjIncludedInSample||This session cookie is set to let Hotjar know whether that visitor is included in the sample which is used to generate funnels.||Session|
- Google Inc., headquartered at 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, US
|ga||This cookie is used to distinguish users.||2 years|
|gat||This cookie is used to throttle request rate.||10 minutes|
According to EU Directive 95/46/EC, We have activated IP anonymization functionality and accepted Google Data Processing Amendment.
In any event, if You wish to prevent Your data from being processed by Google Analytics, You may download and install Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on. For more information about this add-on and to download it, please visit: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
How to manage cookies
Other than as set forth above, You may disable, manage and cancel cookies through Your browser options as follows:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: click on ‘Tools’ (cog icon) in the upper-right corner of your browser window and select ‘Internet options’ and then click on the ‘Privacy’ tab;
- Mozilla Firefox: click on ‘Tools’ in the upper-left menu of your browser window and select Options and then the ‘Privacy’ icon;
- Google Chrome: click on ‘Tools’ in the upper-right corner of your browser window, select Options, click the ‘Under the Hood’ tab and select in the ‘Privacy’ section the ‘Content settings’ button;
- Opera: click on ‘Menu’ at the top of your browser window, select ‘Settings’, select ‘Preferences’ and then the ‘Advanced’ tab;
- Safari: click on the menu (cog icon) in the upper-right corner of your browser window, select the ‘Preferences’ option and then click on ‘Security’.
For more information, You may also consult Your browser handbook or visit the related support website:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/how-to-manage-cookies-in-internet-explorer-9;
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cookies-information-websites-store-on-your-computer;
- Google Chrome: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/technologies/managing;
- Opera: http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies;
- Safari: http://www.apple.com/legal/privacy/en-ww/cookies.